Monday, February 22, 2010

Makeup and Jewellery storage

So far this blog has been entirely about Lush and Soap & Glory, but unfortunately they're not my only beauty related obsessions! I also have quite a stash of jewellery (95% costume jewellery before you decide to break in!!) and makeup. During a recent declutter I came up with some better storage options for them which I have now decided to share with you.


Makeup:

I have quite a large stash of makeup even though its not something I wear everyday. Brands are mainly Gosh, Number 7, Essence (the only foundation I have found that suits me!) and Avon. I have it all stored in a Fira mini chest which I bought in IKEA in Belfast in January 2009.
Top left drawer: Makeup brushes and small makeup bag (empty).
Top centre drawer: Foundation, tinted moisturiser, concealer, primer etc.
Top right drawer: Lip balms, lip glosses, lipsticks and lipliners.
Middle drawer: Eyeshadow, eyeliners and mascara.
Bottom drawer: Makeup palattes, spare makeup brushes, tweezers, pencil sharpeners, nail scissors and other similar items.


Jewellery:

I have organised my jewellery using two GLIS boxes which I got in IKEA in early February 2010. These have three main compartments and can be divided up into 9 compartments in total if needed. This made them ideal for dividing my jewellery by colour in the smaller sections and allowing me to keep a larger section for items which needed more space.


Now when I choose an outfit its literally a case of opening the box and being able to lay my hand on the colour jewellery that I want before I dash out the door!



So now, courtesy of IKEA, I am feeling super organised!! What did we do before they came along??

No comments:

Post a Comment