Monday, February 22, 2010

Lush Review: Sugar Scrubs

I suffer with very dry skin, not just on my face but on my legs, arms, everywhere! This means that I need to exfoliate regularly in order not to end up flaky! As a result I am regularly buying face and body scrubs. One such option that Lush contains is the Sugar Scrub.

They currently have two options: Sugar Scrub and Sugar Babe.


Sugar Scrub is described on the site as: "hard, but a bit of a sweetie. Its no nonsense stance stimulates activity and tackles cellulite with fennel and ginger. Skin calming lavender has a balancing effect."


The one part of this that I really have to agree with is the reference to it being hard as this product actually left me with scratches on me the three times I tried it! I did however love how soft it left my skin apart from that!

Sugar Babe is made from sugar, sodium bicarbonate, cream of tartar, moisurizing extra virgin coconut oil and perfume made from ylang flowers and mimosa blossom. Its a much softer consistency than Sugar scrub and you have to be careful not to get it wet or it will dissolve in seconds!

I tend to cut the Sugar Babe into quarters to use in order to prolong its life. I find that a quarter is plenty for one shower and means that its easier to handle without losing lots of it down the drain.


Shower Scrub:
Another use I have come up with that works for both of the sugar scrubs is to crush them and mix them with a small amount of shower gel in order to make a shower scrub. I did this recently with a Sugar Scrub I had lying around, half of a Sugar Babe and some Body Shop shower gel that I had gotten fed up of but wanted to use up. The resulting scrub filled a pot that had previously held Ocean Scrub and it is still going strong in the shower about 8 showers later as only a small amount is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment