Monday, February 22, 2010

Lush: Orders I am Waiting On

Part of why I haven't posted a massive amount lately is because I am (very impatiently) waiting for a pretty substantial order to be delivered from Lush.com.au... and no, you didn't read that incorrectly!! Yes, I am insane enough that I have ordered from the Australian website!! The cause of this madness?? Spice Curls soap!

With comforting cinnamon, cardamom and ginger, Spice Curls is great for warming you up during the cooler months. According to the website "Its color comes from spices which are ground to just the right size to give your skin a scrub while you wash. You hardly notice them working but when you rinse off and feel your skin, it's surprisingly smooth. With all those spicy essential oils, you'd expect to come out of the shower feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed – and so you do."

I got a sample of this soap with one of my very first Lush purchases and fell in love with it on first use! As my skin is so dry I really need to exfoliate on a regular basis and this soap just made it so easy to do. So, having searched high and low for it, I was amazed to discover it was still available on the Australian site. Unfortunately there was a $45 delivery fee which wasn't really feasible for ordering one piece of soap. Rather than putting me off this lead me to look and see what else they had that perhaps I couldn't get here!

So my order ended up being for:
  • Lite Lip Balm
  • Let Them Eat Cake Lip Balm
  • Emperor of Ice Cream Buttercream
  • Nutts Massage Bar
  • Potion Solid Perfume
  • Lily Savon Soap
  • Spice Curls Soap
  • Keep It Fluffy Soap
  • Up the wooden Hill Emotibomb
Out of these I am most looking forward to getting my hands on my Spice Curls soap (all 3 of them!), the Up the wooden Hill Emotibombs (I ordered 7!) and my Let Them Eat Cake lipbalm (even if it is a bit out of season now!).

The site said the order would take 2-4 weeks to be delivered... It has now been 19 days so fingers crossed the wait is almost over!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In addition to this I have also been promising myself that I would order some Retro items off the Lush.co.uk site so last week I placed an order for:

  • Fizzy O'Therapy bath ballistic
  • Lemon Days & Ginger Beer ballistic
  • After 8:30 Massage Bar
  • Sore Labours Massage Bar(which meant I got a free Massage Bar Tin)
  • Happy 4 Sad Shower Gel
  • Chai Shower Gel
  • Back for Breakfast Shower Gel
  • Mud Flats Soap

All of these items are in the Retro range and therefore can only be ordered online. It means that unfortunately I am going on the descriptions Lush have given of the item and the feedback it has received on the site rather than getting to check it out instore before purchasing.

The Sore Labours massage bar I have purchased before and loved so much that I also got it for my mum for Christmas as she is an avid walker so something to help her muscles after a mountain hike is always welcomed!
That's also why I purchased the Fizzy O'Therapy bath ballistic this time. The site describes it as: "a Ballistic made specially to warm, soothe and relax your muscles when you've been exercising or you're feeling a bit tense. Imagine a bath fizzing with ginger, cloves, cinnamon and coriander. It's almost worth spending a couple of hours exerting yourself to justify indulging in such a spicy, scented, soothing soak."
I figured that they might make a nice addition to any Mother's Day pressie - which is coming up on March 14th for anyone who needs a reminder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment